Friday 10 November 2017

Another busy day!

I knew this week would go by very quickly and I was proved right! Where does the time go?

I was at work again at 8am and this time took some crosswords in with me to complete between phone calls. We were very quiet indeed and Sara has promised me that she will give me some extra work to do as the time drags if we are not busy taking calls.

I was able to get away at 2pm and rushed home to have a quick lunch before starting work again. Lisa had decided to put on film night again so we watched Happy Feet but the children were very distracted this afternoon and kept getting up, turning around and even fighting! I threatened to turn the film off and make them all sit and look at one another, and that seemed to work for a short while!

I suggested to Lisa that we try and take them out into the playground before the film to try and get them to burn off some energy so we'll try that next week (if I'm there...my Jury service has been delayed until Tuesday but I don't know what other days I'll be needed).

After the film we played games with the children before their parents arrived. One of the mums then happened to say there'd been a bad accident on the road that Keith normally takes to bring Mike back from college, so my blood ran cold. After calling home and getting no answer (and imagining all sorts of things) Sophie called me back to say there were all back and had been for some while (and hadn't even been on the road in question!).

Because of the road being closed, we anticipated that one of the boys would be late staying with us as his mum had had to turn around and use a different route. However, she used her brain and called her sister who lives nearby and he was collected before 6pm so we could go home as normal.

I sped home and Sophie and I relaxed with a glass of wine before preparing dinner. Yippee! It's Friday evening!

No comments: