Friday 3 November 2017

Fireworks!

Yesterday, Majestic had called me about a job I'd applied for (in Kettering) and wanted me to go for an interview next Monday. Because I was working I couldn't make it so the manager was going to call me back to arrange a different day. I sat at work trying to weigh up the pros and cons of both jobs and I have to be honest and say that I was better off doing the job with the phones as it was more money, more hours and not such hard work! I loved working at Majestic in the summer and doing deliveries, but it might be a whole different matter in the depths of winter when it's dark at 4pm and the roads could be snowy and icy!

Time did drag a little today as we weren't that busy but now that I'm more confident of what I'm doing I'm enjoying the job more. I also like talking to customers and helping them with their queries, and if I get a complaint I can always pass it on to a supervisor, not like when I had the business with Mum and Dad and the buck stopped with me!

Lisa had set out the hall with paints and crafts this afternoon as she'd decided to stop doing film night. We took the children out into the playground first to let them burn off some energy and after snack we let them loose on the crafts. The aim was to make Christmas cards and things to sell at the fair in December but most (not all) of the children just made a huge mess! They decided to paint their hands and therefore spread it over a wide area and very soon they were covered in the stuff! I even managed to get some on my coat when I leaned over the table where the pictures were drying!

Lisa asked me to take them outside while she started clearing up and we swapped over as it was a huge job! There was paint on the floor, all over the toilets (luckily one of the older boys told me about this) and the tables and benches were covered in blobs of brightly coloured goo!

We cleared up and swept and mopped the floor helped by the oldest boy who did a really good job, bless him! We finished the session in the library and they even managed to create havoc in there! By 5.45pm I was glad when the last child was picked up and I could rush home to get ready for the bonfire night in the village.

Keith dropped Sophie, Mike and me off in the middle of the village and then he drove to the pub in Walgrave. He's not interested in fireworks! We walked the short distance to the field and paid our entrance fee and first up was a cup of mulled wine for Sophie and me, and a beer for Mike. He saw one of his mates from the village and then we met Richard and Michelle who had bought some food so we all watched the fireworks together, which was lovely. I do like them very much and it seemed ages since we'd all been at Sue and Paul's house! We agreed that we needed to make a date for the next wine tasting, hosted by Keith and I, probably in the new year.

The fireworks were fantastic - they seemed to go on forever and there were lots of bangs and beautiful colours. We thoroughly enjoyed them! Afterwards we walked home with masses of other people and arrived back to find Keith putting the finishing touches to a delicious chicken curry!

No comments: