Thursday 23 November 2017

A bit annoyed!

When I got into work this morning I was told by Sara that the court's Loss of Earnings certificate I'd asked to be signed by HR was causing a problem because I was not a "contracted" employee... As the company weren't going to be reimbursing me, the court was, I was a bit put out! Sara gave me the extension number of the woman I needed to speak to, but despite leaving a message and emailing her, by the time I went home I still hadn't resolved the issue.

I was annoyed because I had no choice in the matter when it came to Jury Service...it's not a voluntary option and I'd only missed two days of work, anyway! It did put me in a bit of a bad mood!

The weather today has been fine and dry and the winds of the last couple of days have eased.  I sped home at 2pm to spend a few minutes with Keith and he had some more bad news...he thinks the Audi has a slow puncture so that will need to be sorted out! Keith took me into work as there was hardly any petrol in Jazzy Jim, so he dropped me off and went to fill the car up as he would be using it this afternoon to go and get Sophie from uni.

At work we managed to get out into the fresh air for half an hour and when we went back into the hall it all became a bit chaotic as we had thirteen children! It was lovely to finish at 6pm and meet Keith and Sophie in the pub for a quick drink. It was the best part of the day!

No comments: