Thursday 16 November 2017

An afternoon off!

I was back in court today at 10am and on the way in we dropped Sophie off at uni. I arrived at about 9.30am but there were lots of people queuing to get in and with all the security checks it took a while to get through to the jurors' waiting room.

I sat with the people I was serving on the jury with and we managed to have a hot drink before we were called up to the court. After the morning's proceedings we were discharged at 1pm as our Judge had other matters to attend to in the afternoon. This meant that we would return tomorrow to deliberate on the verdict.

I called Keith to come and pick me up after lunch and the earlier lovely weather had turned, so it was cold and rainy! I stood and waited for him by the car park and was pelted with leaves from a nearby tree!

Keith had taken Mike to Brixworth but we went back there as I had some parcels I needed to post. We then returned home where I had a chance to catch up with things I hadn't had time to deal with over the last couple of days. I finally managed to get in touch with Vodafone and cancelled my contract, which was a bit of a shame as I'd been with them since 1997 and the woman I spoke to was very apologetic about the way my queries had been handled last weekend.

We went to pick up Sophie at 5pm and then carried on to Brixworth to get Mike. I drove as Keith was still not feeling 100% and he was a bit sick of all the driving he'd been doing this week, poor thing! Back home we played a couple of games of cards and then had dinner. I cannot believe how fast this week has flown by - it's been very interesting though, and I just hope I'm picked to go on another case next week!

No comments: