Monday 13 November 2017

Business as normal.

I was supposed to have started Jury Service today but they didn't have any new cases, so I was told to go in on Tuesday instead. I went to work as usual and mid-morning all of our phone lines went down! The office manager was in (being very loud as normal) and kept barking instructions at Sara to let customers know and to use an old number that had been kept, which was a good thing!

By 2pm it was all back to normal and I went to collect Sophie from work before heading home for a few brief minutes. I had told Lisa I was available on the Monday night and we only had six children in the after-school club, which was a bit disappointing. However, we played cards and Monopoly with them and the time passed very quickly.

I sped home at 6pm for a well-earned drink and at 9pm Sophie and I ventured out with Monty to walk around the estate for a few minutes. I was desperate for a better night's sleep (Keith has a cough at the moment and we were both awake from 2.30am until 5am) and hoped that getting out for a gentle walk would help!

No comments: