Wednesday 8 November 2017

A friend in need!

It's been a gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and sunshine. My friend Lynda had asked me to take her to Leicester this morning as she had an appointment for some work to be done on her teeth and as she was having a sedative, she needed someone to drive her home.

I picked her up at 8.15am and we headed out to the M1 in heavy rush hour traffic. Thankfully, the motorway wasn't too busy and very soon we were turning off at Junction 21 and driving into the city centre. Lynda guided me to where the dental surgery was and we parked on a side street nearby.

Her appointment was for two hours so I sat in the waiting room and read my Kindle until she was all done. At 12pm the nurse came down from the treatment room and asked if I could go and get a prescription for her a few doors away at a pharmacy.

By the time I got back to the surgery, Lynda was all ready to go but I had to sign a form saying I was responsible for her which was a bit of a shock! We returned home and I started to get a wee bit worried about the time as we were still on the M1 at 1pm and I had to start work at 3pm!

However, I dropped her off at about 1.30pm after making sure she would be OK on her own. I really wish she would have let me take her to her Mum's house, but she refused. I sped off to McDonald's to get myself something to eat and called Sophie who gave me her order as well. I drove to uni and we sat and ate our lunch in the car!

Back home I took Mike to Brixworth and then headed into work where we took the children out for a good half an hour to make the most of the beautiful, if slightly chilly, day. We also played a couple of games of Monopoly so that was good. I'm being paid to do this!

After the session ended I dashed home to get Keith and Sophie and we drove to Brixworth to pick up Mike who had been seeing friends. I bought some beer for the boys in the very busy Co-op and then it was finally home to relax with a glass of wine and 90 Day Fiance! Bliss!

No comments: