Tuesday 1 December 2015

December? Already?

Today has been beautiful, really mild (15c at one point) and sunny. We still have summer bedding plants flowering in the garden which is amazing seeing as today is the 1st of December!

Keith and I were going to go and do something fun today but we ended up popping to see Mum and Dad and taking them some boxes and then going to the Weston Favell Centre (always my favourite place) to get some stuff from Tesco and draw some money out of the bank for our forthcoming trip to Berlin.

We changed some money into euros which proved trickier than we thought as the credit card terminal in Thomas Cook was playing up so we ended up getting our currency in Tesco which proved to be much more efficient! We really should have gone there in the first place!

On the way home we called into a local family greengrocer's in Brixworth and I ordered a family box of vegetables for Christmas. Mum and Dad will pick them up for us on the 23rd so at least that's all sorted out.

I picked Sophie up from uni at 3pm and we went off to Jones's to get some bits. My daughter treated herself to a new handbag and some lovely warm socks for Berlin. I couldn't resist a Christmas candle and a little fat Santa Claus for the tree.

After Jones's we both had appointments - Sophie went off to the nail salon while I battled my way through the traffic to Virgin to have my unruly eyebrows sorted. By the time I emerged it was fully dark and on the way back to pick up Sophie I saw an accident which was a bit disconcerting. I'd already had a bad experience with drivers this morning when another motorist decided to come through a narrow one way system where I had the right of way. I was almost on top of the narrowed bit of road when he decided (I have no idea why) to come through, making me slam on my brakes and get very angry! The driving at the moment is terrible and people seem to be totally ignorant of the rules of the road!

Anyway, I had to park a fair distance from the nail salon so I walked up to get Sophie who wanted me to go and get some change so she could tip the nail technician. That was a great excuse for me to pop into the Co-op and buy a bottle of wine to go with our meal this evening!

No comments: