Saturday 26 December 2015

Boxing Day panto

We all had a bit of a lie-in today and it was great to not have to rush around first thing this morning. Keith, Sophie and I drove to a nearby shop to buy some bread, eggs and the newspaper and then it was home to make breakfast and relax.

I spent most of the day writing up my blog which is always like living the days over again. In the afternoon I went and had a bath as Sophie and I were out in the evening to see Cinderella at the Derngate Theatre in town.

We picked Mum and Dad up at 3.30pm and managed to park really easily in the multi-storey car park. We were a bit early so we had a couple of drinks and watched everyone arrive. There were a lot of people wearing jazzy Christmas jumpers!

The pantomime was good but I felt it was lacking in glitz and glamour. It certainly wasn't as good as last year's performance and the noise level was far too high. Prince Charming was John Partridge who I'd never heard of but apparently he was in Eastenders?

Anyway, we were out and home by 8pm and dining on Christmas Day leftovers, which is always a delicious meal!

No comments: