Thursday 31 December 2015

Best days of 2015

I had such high hopes for 2015. As my Birthday and Wedding anniversary fall on the 15th of the month I stupidly thought that a year with 15 in it would be good. How wrong can you be! This year has been "The Year of Waiting About and Experiencing Stress." I really hope 2016 will be better.

So, a difficult choice but here are the best days of this year:

Saturday  17 January

A rare day of winter sunshine when Keith and I went for a walk along one of the single track roads near to where we live and we got close to one of the magnificent Red Kites that inhabit the area.

Sunday 15 February

Keith and I drove down to London to pick up Sophie and her friend Laura and did a lovely walk along the Thames to Greenwich.

Friday 6 March

The last day of a lovely week long holiday when Keith and I went to Leicester Races, had some lucky wins and ended up in a great pub enjoying a few beers and a delicious meal.

Monday 20 April

Sophie and I go to see Ben Howard in concert in Birmingham! A great day!

Monday 4 May

Sophie and I decide to go to Blenheim Palace and have a wonderful day exploring the house and grounds in gorgeous sunny weather. Perfect!

June

See September!

Sunday 19 July

A gorgeously summery day, a trip to Wadenhoe for a lunchtime drink and an afternoon spent planing our Scottish trip. Lovely!

Saturday 8 August

The last day of our Scottish break. Despite hold-ups on the road we found our way back to England and the Llama's Pyjama's B&B in Penrith. A delicious meal at The George and Dragon ended the day on a perfect note.

Thursday 3 September

An impromptu trip to France with a bit of shopping, a drive to St Omer and an almost perfect pub on the way home.

Wednesday 30 September

As I found it hard to find a really good day in June, I've substituted this day. All four of us borrowed a bit of magic and went to Whitby for the day. The weather was stunning, we had a good walk and fish and chips. Perfect!

Wednesday 7 October

Keith, Sophie and I went off to Stratford-upon-Avon and had a lovely day. Keith caught up with an old friend while Sophie and I had a look around the shops.

November (see December!)

Tuesday 22 December

Our first full day in Berlin and a lovely time spent at the various Christmas Markets in the city. Our evening was very enjoyable and was spent having drinks in Otello bar and a delicious meal in Reinhard's.

Friday 25 December

A much better Christmas Day than last year, spent with my parents who came around in the early evening. A very relaxed start to the day and then Keith cooked the big meal, which was delicious!


Here's to 2016!

No comments: