Monday 30 November 2015

Getting organised!

Keith and I went to Tesco today to order our turkey. I always have this dread that something will happen and we'll end up turkey-less on Christmas Day and as we're going to Berlin just before the big event, I wanted to make sure it was all sorted.

We ordered a Tesco Finest Bronze turkey crown to be collected on the 23rd December which Mum will have to pick up for us. We also bought a Christmas pudding so I feel like I'm getting organised a bit early this year! We only really went into the store to get some garlic bread for tonight and a newspaper and ended up buying rather more than we expected! Keith suggested trying a Chateauneuf-du-Pape which had been reduced from £14 to £8 so we bought a bottle of that. It's been such a long time since we've drunk any wine from the Cotes du Rhone area of France as the prices have just gone silly.

Back home we set about the chores - Keith ironed and prepared dinner while I hoovered and tidied up. We have nothing really planned for this week and I'm debating whether to take the plunge and decorate the living room before we put up our Christmas tree...

Mum and Dad popped around in the afternoon as I had some emails to show them while Keith went off to pick up Sophie from uni. The little monkey managed to persuade her Dad to take her to McDonald's on the way home and she treated me to a McFlurry which was lovely. To try and walk off some of our indulgence we took Monty for a walk around the estate and it was still very windy indeed. Monty had a great time sniffing and looking at everything and it was great to get out and have some fresh air!


No comments: