Friday 11 December 2015

Frantic Friday!

I did think that today would be quieter but I was very wrong! After dropping the kids off at school and uni I drove to Mum and Dad's house as we had a meeting with our accountant at 10am. We had to go through the books with him and he needed to talk to us about winding the company up.

I was a bit nervous of the meeting as it was a very serious discussion and obviously there were financial implications involved. However, it went very well and he just needed some more stuff from me with regard to our earnings which I promised to send him in the afternoon. He gave us all our accounts back so after the meeting we headed straight to the Lok 'n' Store unit to deposit them there. I dropped Mum and Dad off and headed home, only to have to turn around and go back again as Mum had found the information I needed quicker than she'd thought!

At home Keith had cleared out all the old sealant in our en-suite shower as we've been having problems with it leaking into the kitchen again. We decided to rip it all out in the New Year and start again as it really does look horrible and shabby now and the floor and tiles need replacing urgently.

We went to B&Q in Kettering and Keith picked out some glue as he was going to use some plastic edging along the bottom of the shower tray and then fill in the gaps with sealant. I picked out a paint pot as after Christmas I am DEFINITELY going to re-decorate the living room!

Back home we had some lunch and I sent off all the documents to our accountant. We then received a call from Mike saying he'd broken a part of his brace and could we make an appointment with the Orthodontist? I called them and they told us to get to the surgery as quickly as possible so he could be seen. We then sped off to collect Mike from school and went to the dentist's where I parked easily, to my great astonishment!

Mike was very lucky in that he was seen immediately and the broken bit of brace repaired. He hinted about going to get something to eat but we ignored him and went home...we've already spent enough money on food yesterday and I'm sure my son has hollow legs!

I just had time to hoover the downstairs of the house and sweep up yet more leaves from outside the back door before going to collect Sophie. On the way we called to see Mum and Dad and return their documents and we had a look at the two en-suites they have in their rented house. They looked beautiful and so modern!

We collected Sophie and returned home and I had a lovely bath before transforming myself into Gandhi! I wore a pair of white trousers that I rolled up, a white tee-shirt and draped our huge white sheet around my shoulders. After I donned the bald cap, glasses and moustache Sophe applied some fake wrinkles to my face and I was all set to go!

Bald selfie!

When Keith returned from the pub (he'd been to see his mates and had been drinking Lime and Soda) he laughed out loud when he saw me! That seemed to set the tone for the night as when the others saw me they thought I looked hilarious! Maybe for the last CDWM when Fiona hosts I will go looking a bit more glamourous!



We had a great night with lovely food and a brilliant game to play called "Tension". Andrea made a very hot prawn starter followed by a chicken curry with accompaniments and orange and lemon sorbet to finish. By the end of the evening I'd shedded my moustache and the bald cap and no longer resembled Gandhi, just a strange woman wrapped in a sheet!


No comments: