Friday 4 December 2015

Deck the halls...

Sophie didn't go to university today so it was great to have her at home to help decorate the house. We were going to do it next Tuesday after the kids had returned from school and uni but it's taken us most of the day to assemble the trees and rearrange all the furniture in the conservatory.

The three of us stood and had a look at the space we had available (not much) and Keith came up with the good idea to swap the sofas around so the bigger one is now next to my computer, giving us a nice clear area by the double doors to put up the tree.

As usual we couldn't remember how to do it but in the end we worked it out and I took a photo for posterity! Sophie and Keith arranged all the lights while I fetched all the decorations down from our wardrobe upstairs. We left the actual decorating of the tyree until later when Mike was at home.

It was then the turn of our little Scandinavian tree in the living room and we placed it on top of the table we have in the window. We had a bit of a problem with the lights but I used the small rope of battery powered lights I had last year on the small real tree to put right at the top. When the shops aren't so busy I need to go out and get some more battery powered lights for the real one we have by the front door (last year's baby has grown) and I'd also like to wind some around our Father Christmas wreath we have on the front door.

Sophie and I decorated the tree in the living room and we also wound a long rope of lights around the windowsills in the conservatory and it looked really pretty. I hate it so much when we have to take it all down!

I went and had a bath and by the time I got out, Mike was home but wasn't that interested in decorating the tree with Sophie! When I came downstairs the house looked beautiful. Sophie had lit lots of little tea-lights (including our "heart" ones in the conservatory) and the silver tree had been decorated beautifully!

Living room "Scandinavian" tree

Conservatory silver tree

Twinkly lights

Christas candles





No comments: