Tuesday 15 December 2015

Old friends...

As we are away next week we're having to do all our Christmas shopping this week and get it finished by Sunday. Keith and I went out this morning and bought presents for my Mum and Dad, some scented candles for Polly and Maureen at work and a few little stocking fillers for the children. The weather hasn't improved much and we had thick fog this morning which was horrible. I so prefer really cold and crisp days!

After picking Sophie up from uni today we drove to work to see our old staff. Georgie gave me a hug and we had a lovely chat about how he was getting on in charge of the business. Polly was out on holiday today so we only saw Maureen and one of the younger girls, but it was great to catch up with the news and what was happening.

There haven't been any major changes to the business but Georgie has installed a lot of new chairs and tables so no doubt the customers will be pleased as there'll be more places to sit!

We stayed for an hour and distributed some cards and little gifts and then we returned home through the dark gloom. Mike has been off again today but insisted on going to Army Cadets as it was his Christmas party. Keith was also off to a football match despite it being rainy so Sophie and I were looking forward to a girls' night in!

I took Mike and when I got home Keith left to go to the football. Just after Sophie and I sat down to eat he called to say that the match had been postponed...great! A wasted journey and a very late decision, I have to say!

Sophie and I had dinner and then settled down to watch The Hairy Bikers prepare party food for the festive season. Keith and I went to get Mike and we noticed that the sky over Moulton was green! We think it may have something to do with one of the sports pitches but it certainly looked very strange...almost like the Northern Lights!


No comments: