Wednesday 9 December 2015

More Christmas shopping...

After dropping Mike off at school today I drove the short distance to Mum and Dad's house to pick up their microwave that they were giving to us. It was a gorgeous morning with blue skies and sunshine and slightly colder than of late.

The building site they're living on was really busy with workmen and I thought back to when we moved to our house and we experienced the same sort of thing. Luckily the roads were a bit cleaner today!

Back home Sophie and I showered and got ready for our shopping trip to Market Harborough. Our first stop was Caffe Nero and we treated ourselves to lunch. I even went and had a warm mince pie with cream! Delicious!

I had lots of things to buy, including Christmas cards and some battery powered lights for the little tree outside our front door. Sophie had a good look in Waterstones and then Superdrug for make-up brushes and we also mooched about Accessorize. However, Sophie, who looked fabulous in a short skater-style skirt and knee high boots, said that her feet were sore so we cut short our shopping trip and returned home.

It wa starting to get dark anyway and the sky was a mix of greys, blues and peachy colours. The outlines of the trees against the dusky sky looked beautiful. Back home I made myself some mulled wine and Sophie and I sat in the conservatory. I wrote out all my cards while Sophie did some uni work.

We'd decided to make paella in the evening for dinner so after a very satisfying session of cards with Keith (I beat him 3-0) we set about making the dish. I have to say it wasn't a truly authentic paella as we used chicken and chorizo but it turned out very well and the only thing we would do next time is serve it with some lovely crusty bread!

No comments: