Friday 18 December 2015

Beckworth breakfast

Sue and I had arranged to go to Beckworth Emporium this morning for a breakfast treat and I was really looking forward to going and having a look around.

I picked her up and had a peek at her kitchen alterations. They're extending the room and the house has been pared back to bare walls and floors! There are no cooking facilities left at all and it's a good job they're off to Paul's mum's for Christmas dinner!

Beckworth was lovely and quiet and we sat in the conservatory which was great as the sun was shining and the sky was blue. I almost forgot it was December! We chose the full English accompanied by tea and coffee and very good it was too! It made for a lovely treat.

After eating we both enjoyed a Flat White and then it was time to look around and buy a few last minute goodies. I bought my Mum and Dad a voucher from the children so they can buy some plants for the new house when Spring arrives. I also couldn't resist a little reindeer tree decoration but I did stop myself from buying a large squidgy lamb!

After Beckworth we returned home and at midday Keith and I took Sophie to uni. She has an exam this afternoon at 3pm and went in a bit early to revise with a friend. It's the last day for both Sophie and Mike so next two to three weeks there'll be no more school runs. Hurray!

After dropping Soph off Keith and I went to my favourite place - the Weston Favell Centre - as I needed to go to the bank, get some euros and pop to the Post Office. I was dreading it but we parked easily and did everything we had to do without any hassle. On the way home we sneaked in a visit to the pub so Keith could put some numbers on the large Christmas Draw. He won it about 6 years ago so here's hoping for this year!

No comments: