Tuesday 8 December 2015

Bad news...

Yesterday I had confirmation that the trees we can see from our living room window (and Sophie and Mike's bedrooms) are going to be cut down. A local man who keeps horses in the field on the edge of our estate was annoyed that plans had been made to chop them down because as far as he was aware no permission had been sought from the land agent. However, the new people that live in the house had found out who actually owns the land and were given permission direct.

The trees are beautiful, especially when the sun is rising in the morning but they look set to disappear before Christmas. It's annoying that people who have lived on the estate for barely five minutes can suddenly change the landscape without planning permission, but there you are. It's a terrible shame and I'm hoping I can find a site where you can sponsor the planting of a tree so I'll try and do that (not that it's my fault they're coming down).

Anyway...it's been another busy day and directly after dropping Mike off at school we popped to Mum and Dad's house to deliver their boxes. I don't think my Dad was too happy but they need to be sorted out before they go to the new house next year.

We drove home, had breakfast and at 11am my Dad called me to say he was at his old house picking up the very last bits we didn't have time to move when they completed. The new owner was there and she was lovely - very friendly and chatty. I gave her my mobile number and told her to get in touch if she wanted any information on the village. I suggested she go to Brixworth for all her shopping needs as the large village has everything she could possibly want!

Back home Keith and I ventured out into the garden again and I raked up loads more leaves from the lawn and under the bushes. A little robin appeared but I have a feeling it's a different one from the one we had in May as he was a bit more wary of me, although for the entire time I was out there, he sat on a branch watching me. I found him some worms but he ignored them!

We had a short sharp shower, but most of today has been dry and sunny with blue skies. It became noticeably colder as the day wore on but I think it's just a quick interlude before the mild weather returns! Yesterday Keith and I both worked in tee-shirts!

No comments: