Sunday 20 December 2015

Sunny Sunday

Mum and Dad popped around this morning for a coffee (and some pains au chocolat) so we could talk about collecting the turkey and the veggies. It was a gorgeous morning with lots of sunshine and blue skies. What a difference it makes!

We sat and had a good chat and I said they could use our computer and television while we're away. I'd have been more than happy for them to have stayed here, to be honest, as they're finding it very difficult with no internet connection and they miss Sky TV, and all the services it offers, a lot. My Mum was a big fan of the Catch Up TV and the ability to pause and rewind programmes so I said they were more than welcome to sit in our house if they want!

After they went I packed all Keith's clothes and we made sure we had everything we need. As a family, we do not travel light! I cleaned upstairs, hoovered downstairs again and then Keith and I took Sophie into town for her nail appointment. While she was in the salon I put some diesel in my car and then we sat a little way down the road and read the newspapers. Very relaxing!

It rained heavily in the afternoon and we saw a rainbow while we were waiting for Sophie but driving home the sun came out again and it was a beautiful early evening. The weather in Berlin is going to be very similar to here - dry and mild so no snow this year!

No comments: