Monday 28 December 2015

A spot of shopping

It's a Bank Holiday today as Boxing Day fell on Saturday. It was lovely to get up and mooch about with not much to do and Sophie took today off work, which was lovely.

We went to Market Harborough at midday and we were expecting it to be busy, but the car parks were almost empty. Our first stop was for lunch and I suggested to Sophie that we go somewhere different for a change. I wish we hadn't!

We chose a cafe called Louisa's Place, just off the main street which looked promising. We sat at a table, not sure whether to go up to the counter and order, but after quite a wait a waitress appeared and took our order for drinks. She then came back and asked if we wanted anything to eat. I foolishly chose a red onion and goat's cheese tart while Sophie sensibly went for a Chicken Club sandwich.

The cafe wasn't busy but it took quite a time for our food to be prepared and there was a strong smell of burning at one point! I could see Sophie's sandwich sitting on the counter and eventually my tart joined it.

I was disappointed, to be honest. The tart was tiny and one side was burned and it didn't look at all how I expected a goat's cheese tart to look! It was accompanied by a salad garnish and some crisps and I finished it in about two seconds flat.

Sophie's sandwich, on the other hand, was huge! Three thick slices of toasted bread crammed with tomatoes (she gave them to me), chicken and bacon. She gamely battled through it but in the end she gave half a sandwich to me which went down well as I was still hungry!

To make matters worse some sort of flying insect landed in my hair which was horrible! I have no idea what it was but I couldn't get out of there fast enough and I don't think we'll be back!

After lunch we had a mooch about and Sophie bought a lovely pair of fluffy slippers in Accessorize to go with her new lounge-about suit. We went home at about 3pm to find the house empty as Keith had gone to see a football match and Mike was in town with his mates. We kept thinking that today was Saturday!

No comments: