Monday 2 March 2015

Time off!

It felt great to wake up this morning and know I had a week off work, although I actually did go in today and had two phone calls from my parents with a couple of queries.

Keith took Mike to work (even though the school bus passes our door at 8am) and when he arrived home we cleaned the front windows, a chore that was long overdue. The weather was gloriously sunny but very windy and the wind was cold! I went outside to clean the cloakroom window and then somehow we ended up cleaning both cars and I swept up all the leaves from the front garden.

At midday we were very hungry as we'd had hardly any breakfast so we cooked a bag of chicken dippers and ate them with spaghetti hoops and bread and butter...what I would call "Nursery" food but delicious nonetheless! We sat in the conservatory and watched our numerous birds visiting my feeders and we were shocked to see a little mouse (or maybe a shrew?) darting out from the bushes to grab some seed that I'd put down on the grass! We'd never seen him before and of course, Sophie gave him a name, so now he's Jerry!

After lunch Keith and I popped into work as I'd sold a book on ebay and needed some brown paper to wrap the book in. I helped Dad with a problem and then put a new ink into Mum's printer so both of them were very glad we'd called in!

In Moulton I sent the book from the post office and then popped into the Co-op where I spent more money than I intended! We returned home, said hello to Charlotte who'd come to have a cup of tea with Sophie and then I relaxed for a little while before it was time to go to the gym later in the afternoon.

I didn't do much on the gym floor (ten minutes on the treadmill while watching A Place in the Sun) but I did manage a swim and a relaxing session in the spa. Sophie worked harder than me, but then she hadn't spent the morning cleaning windows and washing cars!

Back home I went to put a load of laundry in our tumble dryer but the machine refused to work...when I brought Keith home from the pub he changed the fuse, but it kept blowing so I think it's time for a new one...and I'm very glad indeed as I hate our tumble dryer with a vengeance!


No comments: