Saturday 14 March 2015

Stressy Saturday!

This morning, early on, the weather was beautiful and I looked forward to seeing the sun shine all day. How wrong can you be, though, as within a couple of hours, the sky had clouded over and the rest of the day was grey and overcast. Oh, and bitterly cold!

We all went out early this morning...Mikey to Brixworth and Sophie, Keith and I to Tesco at the Weston Favell Centre as Sophie needed to buy me Mother's Day pressies! The plan was for me to sit in Costa Coffee while Keith and Sophie shopped in Tesco.

Now I have to confess to hating the Weston Favell Centre with a vengeance. It's always extremely busy and today it was even busier than normal as everyone was out buying Mother's Day gifts and flowers. I escaped to Costa and sat and read the paper with a coffee and a muffin.

When Sophie finished I was going to treat her to a Creamy Cooler but the queue had grown to enormous proportions, so we decided to go to Riverside and have a coffee in Next. My Mum is a huge fan of the store so I treated her to a giftcard and then bought Sophie her coveted drink to have on the way home in the car as, predictably, the cafe was crammed full of people!

Back home I waited for the phone to ring from work, as I just had a feeling that Sophie would be called in. Of course, it came as I was in the bath getting ready to go to Market Harborough! Sophie was, quite rightly, very annoyed, but luckily they managed to get someone else in so we could go shopping after all. I think Sophie has worked enough hours this week!

We had a quick lunch in Caffe Nero first before going to the usual shops, finishing up in Duncan's shop where we tasted a couple of wines. I had a look for a beer similar to the milk stout I was drinking last night and found two contenders which I bought. I also chose a Skye beer for Keith which I hoped he would like.

Whilst in Market Harborough we popped into the Gallone's ice-cream parlour to order Sophie's birthday cake. I find it very hard to buy ice-cream cakes in this country and it's become a tradition for Sophie to have one on her birthday!

Back home, it was great to sit and relax with Sophie and watch Masterchef before we had to collect Mikey from Brixworth and then make dinner. We'd decided to have a mixed grill tonight so as we were cooking all the different meats we had a beer tasting. I loved the Wiper and True "Milkshake" and also the Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout. Delicious!


No comments: