Wednesday 4 March 2015

A little bit of pampering...

Keith set off for a walk this morning so I took Mikey to school and then returned to do some chores before Sophie and I went off to the gym. Just as we were about to leave Keith returned and set about cutting down some of the bushes in the garden.

It was a job that was long overdue as our garden looks a bit of a mess at the moment. The bushes have advanced into the lawn and have really cut the space we have down by about three feet! My only concern was that the birds use the bushes as shelter and I was worried there were some nests hidden at the back. However, once Keith had started, there was no stopping him!

Sophie and I went to the gym and we exercised on the bike and the treadmill before going down for a lovely swim. It was quieter in the pool than usual as only one lane was given over to swimming lessons so it was great to have the slow lane to ourselves for a change!

We relaxed in the spa for a short while then returned to the changing rooms for a hot shower before going down to the cafe for lunch. We chose from the "create your own dish" menu - chicken, new potatoes and roasted veggies for me, chicken, noodles and broccoli for Sophie. We were a bit worried about the time as our appointments at Kingsley were at 2pm but our meals arrived after a short wait and we had plenty of time to get to the salon.

Sophie had booked an hour's massage and I chosen a Hydradermie facial and I was really looking forward to some relaxation. The last time I'd had this facial my skin looked lovely afterwards and the therapist uses a little electric roller to improve circulation.

I had a very enjoyable session and I'm sure I fell asleep at one point when the therapist left the room to allow me to relax after she'd put a mask on my face. When I met up with Sophie downstairs, she didn't look too happy and once in the car she explained that she'd hated her massage as the therapist was really hard on her muscles and she now ached all over. Not the relaxing session I'd imagined her having, then! She said she had knots all over her shoulders and in her neck and that the woman had really dug in deep to get rid of them.

We went home and did very little for the rest of the day, which was lovely. I think this week I've achieved a good balance between working in the house and garden and relaxing and so far I've enjoyed my time off!

Keith and I sat and watched the latest episode of Fortitude with a drink before dinner. The series is hotting up now and we're both enjoying how the story is unfolding!

No comments: