Tuesday 10 March 2015

Spring is in the air!

This morning, when I popped to Tesco to get some stuff for work, I noticed all the picnic ware was on display. It was really lovely to see the bright colours and know that Spring is not far off! I bought some plates and cups for work as I couldn't resist the beautiful blues, greens and yellows. I also treated us to a couple of bunches of daffodils as I think they're the most cheeriest of flowers and they never fail to brighten my mood when I see them. Hopefully they will brighten things up at work.

When I returned I found that we'd had a delivery of 3000 brightly coloured plastic balls that Mum and Dad had ordered last week. When we emptied them into the ballpond the children went mad as they dived and rolled amongst them!

Today was a day of getting a lot of paperwork done and catching up with jobs that had been left for me while I was off last week. It felt great to work my way through my list of jobs! Sophie and I were at work until 5.30pm and then it was time to go home, watch a few recorded races from Cheltenham (Keith had a winner and a second on an each way bet) and prepare dinner. Both of the males in our house were out tonight - Keith to a local football match and Mikey to Army cadets - so it was a girly night in!

After dinner we sat and watched The Silence of the Lambs - Sophie was expecting a horror-type of film but it's much more a psychological thriller. I'd last seen it years ago so I enjoyed it all over again...not sure if Sophie felt the same way, though!

No comments: