Tuesday 17 March 2015

Off early!

Sophie and I were facing quite a long day at work today as we had an after-school party. My daughter is working for us almost full-time now and helped out a lot by setting up the party rooms and taking lots of telephone bookings. It seems incredible that a few months ago she was hesitant about taking calls but she is brilliant on the phone now!

I managed to get a lot of paperwork completed and in the afternoon we did escape for a little while to take my books to a charity shop. We passed by the old Greyfriars Bus Station that was demolished on Sunday and we marvelled at the huge pile of rubble that was all that was left of the ugly building.

After we'd deposited all the books at the Barnado's Donation Centre I treated Sophie to a McFlurry and we went off to Booker to get some essential bits for Maureen. The earlier mist and grey skies had given way to sunshine and we were delighted to be able to go home earlier than planned as a new member of staff was keen to come in and look after the party.

On the way home I went to take the car through the carwash but the automated one had broken down, meaning that we could use the manual one. I never do well with this one as I leave whole sections of the car unwashed but Sophie and I didn't do badly today and when we drove away it looked a lot better than when I drove in!

At home I was finishing it off with a clean cloth and wiping down the interior when Sarah drove past and asked if I was going to be around for a while. She popped over and we had a chat about the new house and it was great to catch up. I didn't get around to hoovering the car but I'd much rather have chatted!




No comments: