Sunday 15 March 2015

Celebrating Mums!

Mothering Sunday has come around again and I was treated to breakfast from Keith this morning, plus wine, chocolates and flowers from the children. Lovely!

There was no lazing about for me today, though, and after I'd dropped Sophie at work I went to see my own Mum, but for the first time on a Sunday morning she wasn't at home! I phoned her to discover that my parents had gone shopping but they called in on the way home to have a coffee with us so I could give her the card and Next voucher.

After they'd gone I cleaned the conservatory and moved all the bags of books into the boot of my car. I've given up on trying to sell them so I'll drop them off at a charity shop next week. I cleaned the rest of the downstairs rooms and then was able to relax for a little while before going back to pick Sophie up from work.

Mum and Dad were coming for dinner tonight and Keith had prepared chicken en croute followed by chocolate cheesecake. I set the table and lit lots of little candles to make the conservatory cosy and welcoming.

We had a delicious meal and afterwards we watched a DVD of my cousin Tracy's wedding from 1987. There was brief footage of Mum and I and we looked so different. Sadly, so many people at the wedding are no longer with us, including the bride and the bride's mum so it was very poignant watching everyone on the television.

Of course, watching my cousin's wedding made me want to see my own marriage so we watched that as well and it was really late when my parents left! And then I had to do the rest of the washing up! Pah!

No comments: