Wednesday 11 March 2015

One of those days...

I knew today was going to be one of those days when Mikey growled at me after I'd told him to get up for the third time! I went downstairs to find Monty in my place on the sofa so I chucked him off, told him to go back to his own cushion and went into the kitchen to make some coffee. When I returned Monty was back in my place so this time I put him outside and all the way to the door he hissed at me! What a lovely start to the day!

As is usual now on a Wednesday, we were busy and I just knew that Booker would deliver at the height of the lunchtime rush...but we kept waiting and waiting and when it became clear that they were going to be very late, I went to call them but then I remembered that I hadn't finished the order properly on Monday as the computer was taking ages to complete the checkout process...

When I looked on the website, my order was still sitting there waiting for me to finish it. This meant that at some point this week Keith and I were going to have to go and get the shopping ourselves as Booker only deliver to us once a week. I was not happy, as you can imagine and I could have kicked myself for forgetting to go back and complete the order.

To make matters worse today, I had a phone call from the school to say that Mikey had had someone step on his head during a game of rugby and could I go and pick him up? And maybe get him checked out, just in case? I sent Keith to collect him and when they arrived back at work he looked and felt fine. He managed to wolf down a beefburger for lunch and then he went home with Keith for the rest of the afternoon.

Sophie and I were at work until around 6pm but it was still light when we drove home, which was good. I will be very glad when this week is over and we can go home at our normal time!

No comments: