Sunday 8 March 2015

A quieter day!

After all the excitement of the last few days, today has been lovely and quiet, just like a Sunday should be!

Keith went off to do our weekly shopping while Sophie and I drove to Booker to get some bits for work. While we were there I saw an old friend of ours who used to run a nearby pub. He looked terrible and admitted to me that he'd really made a mess of his life. I felt very sorry for him and remembered how he used to be, a really successful landlord with a great pub that people used to visit because of the good beer, great atmosphere and delicious food. It brought it home to me how quickly lives can change if you make the wrong decision.

After I dropped Sophie off at work I returned home and with Keith, went to see Mum for a cup of coffee. I hadn't seen her all week so we had a lot to catch up with! Back at home neither of us felt like doing much and all plans to go out in the garden were abandoned when it started to rain.

Sue popped around with some cheesecake and Bakewell tart that went down extremely well with a mid-afternoon cup of tea! She's offered to lend us her wood shredder to get rid of all the branches languishing in the garden so that will come in handy next weekend. At the moment all the birds are using it as an impromptu playground and are having a wonderful time flitting about in the branches so we might have to be careful that no little bird has made a nest!

No comments: