Sunday 22 March 2015

Sunny Sunday

Today has been beautiful and a really Spring-like day. Keith and I went out into the garden and did a bit of tidying up before we took Sophie to work at midday. I didn't think she would be needed all that much today as the weather has been gorgeous.

On the way home we called into the garage to get the Sunday papers and I put my car through the car-wash. It's now gleaming inside and out! When I arrived home Mum called to ask if I wanted to go and look at a show-home in Brixworth this afternoon. They're interested in buying a house on a new development and wanted me to go and look.

I had a lovely lunch sitting in the garden, reading the newspaper with Archie and our little robin who kept flitting about and pecking at some fat balls I'd put down on the grass. He was a fearless little thing and came quite close, even though Archie was sitting right next to me! The sun on my face was lovely and I've made a vow to try and sit out in the sun as much as I can this year, to keep my Vitamin D levels topped up!

Luckily Sophie was finished work at 2.30pm so I went to collect her and then we met Mum and Dad in Brixworth. The show-homes were beautiful and the particular house they were interested in was a gorgeous four-bedroomed residence. I was impressed with the modern furniture and interior design but I felt the bedrooms were quite small and a lot of the appliances in the kitchen were "extra". It even had a conservatory which we later found out wasn't standard with that design, which I thought was a bit naughty! We had a look at two other houses, one of which was a three storey five bedroom home and was huge!

After looking at the show-homes we had a walk around the development and I wasn't really keen at all. It makes me appreciate how much I love where we live as it's much smaller and the houses are more spaced out. I said to Mum and Dad that it might get noisy in the summer and there were already cars being parked on the roads.

We left Mum and Dad at the development and at Sophie's urging, went off to Costa Coffee. I was tempted to sit outside but as it was now getting late the temperatures had dropped a bit!

No comments: