Monday 2 June 2014

Welcome back...or not!

Today has been horrible. Not in a majorly serious way (no-one died or became ill) but things stopped working, for no reason, and I seemed to have one problem after another.

Mum and Dad are away for a while now, so Keith and Sophie came in with me first thing. Sophie officially finished school on the 23 May but couldn't wait to get back today to go in for a revision session with her friends! Just as I expected!

I walked in to find Dad at work as he'd called in while buying a newspaper. He had a list of problems for me and then I found the coffee machine wasn't working properly. Never a good start to the day! Luckily, we sorted that our fairly quickly but the rest of the day was a real challenge.

I was looking forward to going to the gym after work, but even that was not to be. Sophie and I left at 4pm but we couldn't set the burglar alarm so I called Keith as he had been using some keys earlier in the day which led to a part of the building that was giving problems. He was a bit sheepish when he admitted to still having them in his pocket...

I had to drive all the way home, collect him and then go back to try and sort out the problem. Even doing that was a hassle with a door not opening properly! In the end we had to isolate one of the zones to set the alarm and we went wearily home. I felt guilty that I hadn't been to the gym but there was no way I could have left the alarm as it was. I'll try and make up for it later in the week but our cook is still off sick, so Sophie will be covering Reception Wednesday and Thursday so even that opportunity is looking unlikely!

No comments: