Monday 16 June 2014

Crow babies!

I knew that it was going to be one of those days when Keith's car wouldn't start first thing. I left him to it and went and fed the fish before going back and seeing if he'd been successful. He hadn't, so we all piled into my car and set off for school. Unfortunately, we were much later than usual and there were roadworks going on in a village on the way which held us up for twenty minutes. It made us so late I had to call the school to let them know Mikey would miss registration.

All was quiet at work today as we had no school visits in and Keith and Ian managed to get on with some essential jobs. Sophie was in with us, supposedly revising, but not doing very much at all!

I had to take Keith home after work and miraculously, his car started first time. We both realise though, that it's reaching the end of its life and the need to get a new car for him and Sophie to share is now becoming urgent.

Sophie and I went to the gym but neither of us were really in the mood to work out, so we did some weights, a short time on the treadmill and then went down to the spa. My foot has been aching badly since Sunday and I put it onto the powerful water jets for a few minutes to see if it would alleviate the pain.

On the way home we called into work to shut the gates and we were delighted to see two crow babies on the grass with their parents! I've been wondering where they are and it was lovely to see them out with Mum and Dad pecking about in the grass looking for crumbs!


No comments: