Sunday 22 June 2014

Return of the cat...

The plan was to do more gardening today but it was warmer than yesterday and I just didn't feel like it, so after cutting back a few bushes, I went and had a shower and Sophie and I popped over to Beckworth Emporium for a bite to eat and to have a look around the plants.

It was another gorgeous day but the restaurant certainly wasn't as busy as it had been the last time we went (and promptly left!). We sat and had a late lunch and soaked up the warmth as we were seated in the greenhouse bit of the restaurant!

Afterwards I bought a few plants to go in some of the empty pots I had and we had a look around the food hall. Mum was coming over for dinner tonight (Dad's off flying his planes in Eastbourne) so I bought a punnet of strawberries for dessert and two bottles of beer for Keith.

Sophie managed to persuade me to go to Boots at Riverside as she needed some make-up and then we headed home to sit in the garden, put the plants in and drink wine with the cats. By the way, Archie has come home but is still not quite right. Normally he's a very greedy cat but he's off his food and just wants to lie quietly somewhere cool. We still have no idea where either of them have been but I suspect Archie has been living over the fields hunting rabbits. Perhaps he ate a dodgy one!

No comments: