Friday 13 June 2014

Quiet end to the week

It's been another scorcher of a day today, although by the afternoon the beautiful blue skies disappeared under a blanket of thick cloud and it became very muggy.

We were desperately quiet at work. I went to Booker with Keith mid-morning and then we seized the opportunity to go to Tesco to do our weekly shop at lunchtime and when I got back to work, there was just one man in with his child. Before long, he left as well and for an hour we had no customers at all.

I picked up Sophie a little earlier than usual and after finishing up at work we drove to the Garden Centre near Wootton to get Keith some clothes for Father's Day on Sunday. He'd been dropping heavy hints about shorts and tee-shirts for the holiday so we picked out things we hoped he will like, had a quick look at the fish and then went off to the gym.

Sophie was at the Orthodontist yesterday and he'd tightened her braces so it was painful for her to eat. She had hardly eaten all day so we went to the gym cafe first and I treated her to a sandwich before we went upstairs to work out.

I did fifteen minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the bike before I joined her in the changing room to go down to the spa. It was blissfully quiet so we relaxed by sitting in the sauna and the jacuzzi before having lovely hot showers.

Back at home I rushed around preparing dinner and afterwards, just as I was preparing to relax a bit, Mikey asked if he could go down to the village to see one of his friends. As it was now 9pm I wasn't at all happy for him to go on his own so I drove him down on the understanding we would pick him up at 10pm. My taxi duties never seem to end!

No comments: