Tuesday 24 June 2014

Rushing about!

Today has been a manic day! Keith went for a walk around Pitsford this morning before spending the afternoon meeting up with his ex-workmates at a pub in Northampton, something he does twice a year. I took Mikey to school and Sophie and I went into work as she is covering for Polly every day this week.

At lunchtime I went to collect Keith and then we popped to the Co-op in Moulton to buy some stuff for work. It gave me the opportunity to eat a sandwich on the way back to work because that was all the lunch break I was going to get before taking Keith down to the pub on the outskirts of Northampton.

From there I rushed back to work before Dad and I went into town to see our Solicitor for a meeting, and then it was back home to be there for Mikey when he got in from school! I suggested we go back to work for his tea and he jumped at the chance as he loves Maureen's Aberdeen Angus burgers! Much better than the lasagne we'd bought for him!

Luckily, we were all able to leave work at 5.30pm to go and pick up my tipsy husband. Getting to the pub in the busy rush hour was like being one of the entrants in the Wacky Races - I'm so glad I rarely drive in the evening rush hour! Keith was a bit merry so we headed straight home as Mikey was off to Army Cadets. I knew that I'd be in charge of dinner tonight, which was a Tesco Finest special - a good plan as Keith promptly lay down on the sofa on the pretence of watching the final England game and fell fast asleep!


No comments: