Thursday 19 June 2014

Freedom!

It's been a grey miserable day today and the feeling of gloom was heightened when I received a call from Mikey's school to say that he'd been hit on the head with a baseball and felt a bit dizzy. I rushed off to get him and took him straight home to Keith who was given strict instructions to keep an eye on him. I later found out that Keith had treated both kids to a McDonald's lunch!

After work, Sophie and I went off to Milton Keynes as she had a lot of presents to buy for various friends who were turning 18. We had a quick stop in the Costa Coffee in Waterstones first (I love being surounded by books!) and I asked her how her first day of freedom had been. She replied that she'd felt guilty doing very little all day and wondered what she was going to do with herself, but I told her to make the most of it as having that level of freedom in the future would be rare!

After our brief stop for a drink we hit the shops and this evening we managed to save a lot of money by using various vouchers and money off coupons. As Sophie had a 30% discount in Accessorize I treated myself to a new handbag and in there alone we saved £20! This was great for Sophie who was on a tight budget, bless her, and had three friends to buy for!

On the way back to the car we called into HMV and I bought three posters for Mikey who wanted to have one wall of his bedroom covered in pictures of his favourite bands. I find it quite amusing that as a fan of Nirvana, my own children now love their music! Mikey had, in fact, just ordered one of their tee-shirts online!

Needless to say he was delighted with what I'd bought him and he put them all up on his wall in a very artistic fashion!


No comments: