Saturday 28 June 2014

In search of meditation...

Today has been exactly as forecast - wet, grey and much cooler than of late. I was up late after being awake in the night. Keith woke me up at just after 9am and I'm glad he did as I dread to think how long I would have languished in bed!

After a much-needed cup of coffee I prepared the beef for tonight and then went to get ready as Sophie and I were headed for Market Harborough. When we left it was chucking it down with rain and the countryside was dripping wet. Everything looked very green, though!

On the way to Market Harborough we went to the Nagarjuna Kadampa Meditation Centre in Kelmarsh and had a cup of tea in the World Peace Cafe. I am very interested in learning how to meditate as I can forsee some very stressful times coming up at work! One of the things I dislike about myself is the way I worry about a lot of things so I'm hoping that meditation can help. There will be a free talk on meditation and mindfulness on the 16 August so I'm hoping Sophie and I will be able to go.

We had a lovely cup of tea and it was such a shame we couldn't sit outside in the gardens. After looking in the shop we drove off to Market Harborough and had lunch in Caffe Nero before browsing in Monsoon and then going to see Duncan.

We had a tasting of some delicious wines from France and Portugal and I treated myself to a bottle of Irish Whiskey that I hope Keith will enjoy as well. We staggered back to the car with our purchases, stopped off at home to pick up our gym bags and then went to Virgin where we intended to have a swim. However, the pool was very busy so we stayed in the spa which was full of very loud young men all shouting over the noise of the gushing water! Not very relaxing!

After a quick chat with Sarah who was off to pound away on the treadmill, we headed off home where I finished off the preparations for dinner. I have to say the recipe I followed, Mary Berry's steak and mushroom "pie" with Dauphinoise potaoes, turned out very well! Phew!

No comments: