Friday 27 June 2014

Flood!

The threatened thunderstorms arrived this evening and luckily Sophie and I were still at work to clear up all the water that cascaded down the drains and into the kitchen!

The sky turned dark grey and I rushed to close all our roof windows but I was a bit late. We hadn't got many customers in as it was almost 6pm but when the kitchen flooded we had to close a bit early as we needed to clear up for a private party coming in at 6.30pm. We have one customer who comes in regularly with her grandchildren and she always finds something to moan about. This evening she followed me around telling me that there were leaks and I could have strangled her. I was sorely tempted to tell her not to bother coming back as she never seems to be happy when she comes in!

Sophie and I had planned on going to the gym after work for just a session in the spa and I was determined to go and relax, although by the time we got into the jacuzzi I was a bit fed up with water!

We had a lovely time, though, even though I discovered the till key in my jeans pocket which I had to return to work on the way home! We didn't get back until almost 8pm so Keith was in charge of dinner tonight. He didn't mind as tomorrow it'll be my turn to cook when I make Mary Berry's steak and mushroom pie with a dauphinoise potato topping!

During the evening we had more thunderstorms and torrential rain - the garden certainly needs it! Sophie was shattered as she'd been up late last night and was awake early this morning. We were both glad this week was over!

No comments: