Wednesday 25 June 2014

Late night drinkies...

Life is very busy at the moment with a lot of driving about and our holiday can't come soon enough! I think, by the time it arrives, I will be more than ready to have some relaxation!

I was expecting to be at work until 6pm today but Paula came in at 4pm to cover Reception until we closed. I thought she was in tomorrow, but we grabbed the opportunity, nevertheless, and sped off home. I felt a bit tired today as I hadn't slept well last night, so rather than be virtuous and go for a walk, we sat in the garden for a while to soak up the late afternoon sunshine.

Sophie was off to a friend's house later in the evening and after dinner she went off to get ready while Keith and I watched the last ever episode of Wallander. I've certainly enjoyed watching this latest series and I can catch up with all the earlier episodes on Netflix, so I didn't feel that sad (even though the last programme was very sad).

Sophie's friend Susie was 18 today and had been out for a meal with her family, so she asked Sophie to go to her house at 10pm! The girls were going to have a little gathering and then some of them were heading into town afterwards. Sophie had decided that, with work tomorrow, she would just spend an hour with Susie and then Keith and I would pick her up at about 11pm. Rather than drive all the way home we headed off to the Althorp Coaching Inn in Brington for a couple of drinks.

Predictably, at 10pm, the pub had emptied out so we had a very pleasant and relaxing hour sitting at the bar and chatting. The Althorp Coaching Inn is a lovely old place with all the ingredients of the perfect pub - low beams, stoneflagged floors, a hint of woodsmoke, good beers and wines and an interesting menu.

We left at 11pm and picked up Sophie and her friend Danni who we were giving a lift to. The girls had had a good time, but I did wonder about all the effort they'd gone to for just an hour!

No comments: