Friday 6 June 2014

Sophie...the Babe Magnet

Sophie came into work with us today as our cook returned (hooray!!) and I wanted to make sure we had some help in case we became busy (we didn't). All this week we've had crying babies at work and we're beginning to suspect that Sophie is a babe magnet...a crying babe magnet! Wherever she goes babies start crying which is a sound she absolutely hates. I don't think I'm going to be a Grandmother any time soon (or maybe ever...).

Anyway, as Maureen was back, things returned to normal which was a huge relief. It meant we could go out and sort out Sophie's new bank account and I was able to buy myself a new pair of sandals as the ones I was wearing this morning suddenly disintegrated!

By the afternoon, it was very hot and we were able to leave at just after 3pm. On the way to the gym we took my car for a wash and Sophie loved the way we drove through the automated machine that sprayed it with water and then dried it. She has a fetish for car washes...

It was bliss to get back into our gym routine and we spent ages in the spa and both of us nearly fell asleep. My own magnet was working well as I got into conversation with a woman in the jacuzzi who proceeded to tell me her life story. I didn't mind (for once I could actually hear her over the sound of gushing water) and we had a lovely chat before I got out and had a blissful shower.

When I met up with Sophie who'd gone off to the cafe, she said that there had been a crying baby in there as well...as I said...she's a babe magnet...!


No comments: