Thursday 13 February 2014

Appointments!

Today was full of appointments - I went off to see the doctor again at 10am and she took my blood pressure because of the dizziness I'd been experiencing over the last couple of weeks. My blood pressure had always been on the low side (even when I was pregnant) but a couple of years ago a nurse made a strange comment about my arm just as I was about to have it taken and it shot up, so now I seem to have developed a phobia about having it taken. I could feel my heart pounding as the band tightened on my arm and predictably it was higher that it should have been.

The doctor took it three times and by the third time it had come down considerably. However, I'm going to wear a monitor for 24 hours and have some blood taken to test for a whole host of things. I went back to work, saw a new member of staff for an induction and then went back to the doctors in the afternoon for my three year smear test...not a nice thing to have to do but essential.

My busy day continued with a Parents' Evening for Mikey at 6pm. The school was packed with cars and Keith found it really difficult to park which meant that we were late for our first appointment, but on the whole we were delighted with what the teachers said about our son. He seems to have improved with his schoolwork and they said he was a pleasure to teach, and very polite!

Back home I quickly got ready as I was meeting my friends Lynda and Claire at The Oriental Paradise in Billing for a meal. The restaurant was very busy and Lynda hadn't booked a table so we were lucky to bag one right at the back, next to a huge table who were very noisy!

We had a lovely meal and a great chat and as Keith was driving me I was able to enjoy a couple of vodka and tonics! Before we left Lynda gave me a bunch of flowers for a belated Birthday present and a card for Mikey as she hadn't seen me a couple of weeks ago when I'd cancelled because of Keith's hospital stay.

Keith picked me up and when I got home I drank a whole bottle of water - why do Chinese meals make me so thirsty?!

No comments: