Sunday 2 February 2014

Busy weekend, part 2!

Today has been very busy indeed as before I dropped Sophie off at work we went to Booker to get some stuff for work and then as soon as I'd delivered it all I had to rush off to Boots for a contact lens check, something I could really have done without today!

Everything was fine (I've been given a new lens to help me with reading small print) so I dashed home and did all the ironing before going in to see Keith at 3pm. The plan was to see him and then pick Sophie up from work on the way home as I really didn't fancy going all the way home and then back to collect my daughter! I dread to think how many miles I'm doing at the moment!

At 6pm we all went to see Keith for an hour and it was great for the children to see him. The ward was busy with visitors and there was actually quite a nice atmosphere which was a relief. I'd hate to think that Keith was unhappy or fed up.

We left at about 7pm and went to the Pizza Hut on Riverside for dinner as there was no way I was going to attempt to cook dinner so late and all we had in the house was a joint of pork as I really did imagine that Keith would be home!

Pizza Hut was almost empty when we arrived but we had a lovely meal and helped ourselves liberally to the salad bar, always a favourite for me! Sophie and I shared a barbecue pizza while Mikey demolished a Meat Feast - nothing wrong with his appetite!

No comments: