Saturday 8 February 2014

Filling every minute!

I really feel like I've made the most of today. After an early start I hoovered the house and tried to do some cleaning which was a bit difficult as we had extremely low water pressure due to a burst water pipe in a nearby village.

It was a beautiful morning, although very windy. I hadn't intended to sort out the garage but I went out to sort out the cat bedding and before I knew it, the back of my car was full of stuff to go to the tip! Keith and I made one trip and then Sophie and I made another on the way to Market Harborough. I was really pleased with the result and being out in the garage meant we at last said hello to the female half of our new neighbours. She seems very quiet and didn't get out of her car until Tom was right next to her and we certainly didn't have a long conversation, but at least the ice is broken.

As planned, Sophie and I went to Market Harborough in the afternoon and had lunch in Caffe Nero. The town was blustery so we felt like we'd been dragged through a hedge backwards when we arrived in Duncan's shop for a wee vodka and gin tasting. A local company, Two Birds, were showcasing their drinks - gin, vodka and Absinthe - and very nice they were too! I had a small sample of each with Fever Tree (what else?) tonic and bought a mini bottle of each, plus a bottle of white wine, a beer for Keith and Fresita for Sophie.

From Market Harborough we drove to the gym for a swim as it's been such a long time since I've had a good swim and I miss going on a Saturday afternoon. The pool was a bit like human soup but I persevered (Sophie was working out upstairs) and then relaxed in the spa and the sauna. Bliss!


No comments: