Wednesday 12 February 2014

Early morning stress!

I was at work alone today as Keith had a bad cold and decided that to get rid of it, he would stay at home. Of course, within minutes of getting to work we had a big frozen food delivery come in! Typical! I rushed around putting it all away and making sure that everything was opened up ready for our customers at 9.30am and wishing that Keith was in to help!

Once the Booker delivery was in as well, my day quietened considerably and I managed to escape over to the bank mid-morning. Mum and Dad were having a coffee with their friends so I joined them for a cup of green tea (Yuk!) before buying a few bits in Tesco.

In the afternoon I had a doctor's appointment at 1.30pm and drove over to Brixworth in strong winds and driving rain. The weather was horrendous! I waited for about half an hour with another man before the Receptionist appeared to say that the doctor had been delayed and wouldn't be able to make our appointment...great! I re-booked for tomorrow but I was a bit annoyed that I'd wasted an hour for nothing. Back at work the weather worsened and we had an almighty hailstorm that turned the car park white. It looked like it had snowed!

Sophie and I went off to the gym after work and tonight I tried a couple of new machines - a stepper that sent my heart rate rocketing (I'm going to conquer that one!) and a machine that was a bit like skiing which I enjoyed. One of the Personal Trainers caught me as I was going back to the changing rooms and I've booked an appointment with him on Monday to try and change my routine.

I spent a lovely half hour in the spa and then it was home to a hot curry, which was much-needed!

No comments: