Friday 14 February 2014

Flood!

Britain was due to be battered by another storm today but the weather for us was pretty quiet up until the evening. We were busy at work but luckily we'd arranged for some extra staff to come in to help so it wasn't too bad. Next week is half-term, the busiest week of the year for us, so I called a catering hire company and ordered 50 extra chairs and five more tables to be delivered on Monday. Customers get very annoyed when they can't find anywhere to sit so I'm hoping that will help.

After work Sophie and I went off to the gym but neither of us were really in the mood so we did our weights and then went down to the spa. I was just relaxing when Sophie came back from the showers and said that the kitchen at work was flooded. I called my parents but arranged to go in and see what was happening on the way home. While we were lolling about in the spa there had been a huge rain storm and our drains at work had just been unable to cope.

Luckily, by the time I dressed and drove to work through unbelievably heavy traffic, Polly had managed to clear up all the water using our wet and dry machine. We just hoped that we wouldn't get another heavy burst of rain through the night!




No comments: