Monday 10 February 2014

No rest for the wicked!

Today I felt a lot better than yesterday so I spent the afternoon helping Mum and Dad clear out the storage area we have behind our climbing wall at work. It was full of heavy scaffolding poles that Keith and Ian had dismantled a year ago. There were also about three million balls, a load of old netting and a large plastic slide that had to be removed and taken over to one of our storage units in the car park.

It was a good job I'd had a hearty (but not too hearty!) lunch as this gave me the energy to carry (or drag) all the heavy poles over and store them safely away. I noticed some bags of salt in the unit and casually remarked to Dad that we hadn't had to use them at all this winter...he said that if it snowed this week, then I'd be to blame!

Despite a busy day Sophie and I headed off to the gym after work and while my daughter did her routine with her friend Laura, I sweated it out on the cross-trainer and the bike, followed by a lovely swim. It was sheer bliss to sink into the warm water of the jacuzzi and relax after my busy day!

No comments: