Wednesday 26 February 2014

A wee indulgence

Although Keith came into work with me first thing this morning, he left at just after 10am as he was feeling rotten. To be honest I didn't mind as Mikey was at home ill as well and I was relieved that he wouldn't be on his own for too long.

I picked Sophie up from school early and as there was very little going on at work we decided to call it a day at 3pm and pop into Beckworth Emporium on the way home. It was a beautiful afternoon - has Spring arrived? - and there were lots of people enjoying the warmth in the conservatory and indulging in afternoon tea. We didn't go that far (I had hot chocolate while Sophie had ice-cream) but it was sheer bliss to sit and soak up the sun for a little while and gaze at the gorgeous blue sky.

Afterwards we wandered around looking at the plants and some very strange garden ornaments that I can only describe as hideous. Why people would part with good money for them, I don't know!


I think Sophie's appetite has returned with a vengeance as she said she really fancied some crusty bread with garlic mayonnaise and no sooner had she said it than we found some! I bought a bag of chocolate buttons for Mikey and we made our way home, only slightly later than we would have if we'd stayed at work.

Keith had popped out when we arrived home so I swept the driveway and hoovered downstairs - the lovely weather always makes me want to make the house look fresh and with all the illness about it was great to tidy up and hoover away all the snotty tissues everywhere! Mikey had brightened up considerably and was very appreciative of the chocolate. A cold never affects his appetite!

Keith arrived home with some treats (he was obviously thinking on the same lines as me!) so the indulgences continued into the evening!


No comments: