Sunday 16 February 2014

What a relief!

Today dawned bright and sunny and it's been so lovely to see blue skies and sunshine after the storms of the last few days. Was there even the merest hint of Spring as well, or am I being too optimistic?

I went with Mum to Beckworth Emporium in the afternoon for a cup of tea and we had a very enjoyable time looking at the plants and all the food they have to offer. I couldn't resist two little pots of daffodils and a primrose that I popped into a little watering can. Anything to brighten up the days before Spring starts properly!

I treated Keith to a bottle of beer, the children to some chocolate twizzle sticks and myself to a bottle of Californian Zinfandel, which goes by the name of Unruly Zin! It should be perfect with our roast beef tonight!

Driving home the sun was sinking lower in the sky but it was almost 5pm and still light! Bliss!

No comments: