Thursday 6 December 2012

We brace ourselves for Christmas shopping...

Although I do try and do a lot of my shopping online, I like to go and do some shopping the old fashioned way! Mum, Sophie and I went off to Milton Keynes after work to see if we could make some headway into our lists and I think I did pretty well!

We headed to Debenhams first and while Sophie and Mum looked at the Mac make-up I wandered around trying to get inspiration for what to buy Keith for Christmas. He said he wanted some aftershave so I visited the Chanel counter as I love Allure for Men and also their Bleu aftershave. I liberally sprayed myself with all the different scents so no doubt Keith will twig what I've been doing!

Mum and Sophie were still picking out different items so I went off to Marks and Spencers and bought my mum a new nightdress, which was very pretty indeed. The only thing was she came into the store just as I was standing in the queue so I hope she didn't see it!

Next up was the Menswear section and I managed to pick out a couple of very nice garments for hubby from me and the children. I just hope he likes them! I also saw a pretty bra and knickers set for Sophie but they didn't have her size so it's back to the computer for that, to maybe order it online.

The shopping centre wasn't very busy at all and it was quite comfortable to go from shop to shop without the huge crowds that appear at the weekend. We didn't go as far as John Lewis as the time was getting on but the centre looked very festive with gorgeous decorations. We left at 7pm and by 8pm we were all at home and I was stowing away my purchases in my hiding places, which I'm sure that the whole family know about!

Evening tipple: Cotes Catalanes Grenache


No comments: