Friday 21 December 2012

Last minute gifts!

Well, the world didn't end today, but then I never, for one moment, thought it would! It would have put a bit of a dampener on Christmas, though, if it had!

My Christmas holidays started today as I took the day off work and it's been very pleasant indeed. I took Sophie into school for her last day (of not doing much at all!) and then sped home to print off the photos I took last night. I was very pleased with the results but I needed to get two more frames with mounts as the photo didn't quite stretch to the very outer edges of the paper! Hmmm!

Keith came home from shopping (he's a brave man), we had breakfast and then we set off for Jones's for last minute gifts. Michael has a little (girl)friend who delivered a present to him earlier in the week (out of the blue...grrr!) which meant I needed to get one for her.

The traffic was starting to build as we headed into town and I can only imagine what it's going to be like tomorrow. As today was also the Winter Solstice, it was lovely to see some sun for a change, even if it was only for a few hours this morning. More rain and winds are forecast for the weekend which is certainly not good news!

We got the very last (I sincerely hope) of our shopping and then returned home where Keith wrapped himself up and settled himself on the sofa. He has a bad cold which is really bad luck coming up to Christmas and I just hope I don't get it as well!

I finsihed wrapping all my presents, was very pleased with the framed photos for Nan and Mum and then it was time to pick Sophie up from work where she'd gone for lunch with a bunch of her friends.

They were heading into town to get their nails done, going back to Abi's house and then going out for dinner. When I got to work they were finishing lunch and two boys had joined them! It was really good to see Sophie surrounded by her friends (both male and female) and it looked like they were having a great time!

I drove them into town and dropped them off in one of the large car-parks which I can only describe as "low-life central"...what a horrible place! It took me ages to get out of the car park and onto the main road as the traffic was horrendous!

It was bliss to get home, light all our candles to celebrate the Solstice, curl up on the sofa and watch a good film! I felt a bit guilty that I hadn't gone to the gym but I'm sure, after Christmas, we will both make up for our sloth!

No comments: