Monday 3 December 2012

Murky mist

Well, after the freezing temperatures of last night it was a bit of a shock to wake up to see heavy fog, rather than the frost I'd expected. It was about 7 degrees centigrade driving into work and although warmer I would far rather have a cold day with clear skies and sunshine. It was so dark and murky!

We had an extremely busy day at work as not only did I manage to clean out one of our ballponds but we also had to put up all of the decorations at work as well. I did the display under the slides which involved a lot of crawling around on my hands and knees with my head shoved into the scratchy depths of one of our Christmas trees. Ian and Keith had to rig up some power for me so I could put together our polar bear and sleigh which light up and are very pretty. Mum and Dad decorated two other trees so by the late afternoon we were all a bit weary and fed up with festive cheer.

The last thing I wanted to do was go to the gym as I'd been bending and stretching all day, but we went nevertheless and had a good workout, although I only did five minutes on the exercise bike rather than ten...after twenty minutes on the crosstrainer and almost a quarter of an hour walking fast, I'd had enough!

We also managed a swim and then I really did feel as if I'd done my bit for one day. I ached everywhere so it was lovely to sink into the warm water of the spa and then have an invigorating shower before heading home. Thank goodness today is over!

No comments: