Saturday 1 December 2012

December already!

I can hardly believe it's December...where did November go?

The idea was to clean the house in readiness for putting up the Christmas decorations tomorrow, but somehow we just ran out of time. Keith and I dropped Sophie off at work at 12pm then went off to Booker to get some more cups and saucers before popping into Homebase to look for some little hooks for the lights I'd bought for outside. I wanted icicles to hang around the front window but Keith was not pleased at all as he said they'd be far too long! We managed to eventually find what we needed and then we called into Tesco to pick up the swimsuit I'd ordered. The shopping centre was absolutely heaving and the thought of going in there and doing a weekly shop filled me with horror!

We took the cups and saucers into work before thankfully heading home to have a late brunch in the peace and quiet! I did manage to get all the decorations out of the wardrobe and test all the lights before putting them to one side and deciding to deal with them all tomorrow!

Before picking Sophie up from work at 6pm, I put my car through the car wash then headed to the gym for a half hour session on the crosstrainer and the bike. My time there was rounded off by a heavenly ten minutes in the jacuzzi (my new swimsuit fits perfectly!) and the steam room and then it was home to finally read the papers with a glass of wine before dinner. Bliss!

No comments: