Thursday 27 December 2012

Mmmm...leftovers!

Last night we couldn't have leftovers from Christmas Day as we would normally do because I don't think my parents would have appreciated eating them! So tonight we had cold turkey and bubble and squeak, with me trying to do something different with the cold vegetables...maybe not a good idea after a couple of whisky and lemonades!

I decided to make breadcrumbs from some leftover bread we had but I think I added too much egg to the finely chopped brussels, broccoli, cabbage and mashed potato as it went a bit gloopy. I made balls out of the mixture, coated them in flour and then rolled them in the breadcrumbs and fried them. They acutally turned out quite good and the breadcrumbs added a lovely crunchy texture!

With the rest of the veggies I just made them into a fat pancake and fried it...


It was delicious!

No comments: